Guided Fishing Trips
Guided Fishing Trips
Why invest in a guided fishing trip?
If you're like most bass anglers, you're in constant search of ways to catch more and bigger fish. We all are. We spend hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars on rods, reels, and the latest and greatest baits. One thing you can't buy, that can't be overlooked, is experience and time on the water. Fishing guides like me spend countless hours on the water each year, racking up knowledge and experience while the average angler is at work. By investing in a fishing trip with an experienced guide, you're going to get a concentrated fishing trip packed full of the tips and "tricks" we use to locate and catch the fish you're after.
- Use of tournament-caliber equipment, Phenix spinning and casting rods, and Daiwa reels
- The latest and most effective baits on the market today
- Fish aboard a tournament-loaded Ranger Z521 bass boat powered by a reliable Mercury 250 ProXS outboard and Lowrance Electronics
- Snacks and water
- My undivided attention
What to bring:
- Valid and current California Fishing License (call if you need one, otherwise they can be purchased online)
- Sunglasses (polarized is important)
- Sunscreen and a proper hat, as well as clothing for the weather conditions (check the weather)
- Lunch, if you would like to bring one
Why fish with Jim?
- I have over 35 years of experience in San Diego area lakes
- I have years of guiding experience, from California to Alaska, and I am customer service minded
- I only put the finest equipment in the hands of my guide clients. Most tackle is current to last year’s model, so you can experience the benefits of current manufacturer technology
- I will show you techniques that WILL catch you more and bigger fish
- I am licensed, bonded, and insured
- Competitive rates
Half Day -1 or 2 persons
Call or Text for Pricing (4 hours fishing)
3/4 day -1 or 2 persons
Call or Text for Pricing (6 hours fishing)
Full Day - 1 or 2 persons
Call or Text for Pricing (8 hours fishing)
2 Day Special
Call or Text for Pricing (two different lakes, two consecutive days, totaling 16 hours of fishing)
Roman made and 86 baits swimbait special
Call or Text for Pricing (full day only, 1 person, August through October)
Please call or text for pricing and availability!
Ask about special pricing for technique instruction sessions or other custom-tailored educational or guided trip options. I can tailor a trip to meet your specific needs! Gift certificates are available upon request, no date-specific booking is required!
Well, what are you waiting for?
Give me a call today to book your date on one of San Diego's legendary big bass lakes, (619)857-7173
After discussing available dates and confirming availability, you can use this Venmo button to place your $100 deposit and secure the date for your guided fishing trip. After completing the deposit, I will email you to confirm the date, talk to you about lakes (if not already decided), and send you any additional info that you'll need prior to the trip.
Place a deposit to confirm your trip or pay in full: After discussing available dates and confirming availability, you can use this Venmo button to place your $100 deposit and secure the date for your guided fishing trip. After completing the deposit, I will email you to confirm the date, talk to you about lakes (if not already decided), and send you any additional info that you'll need prior to the trip.
Southern California's Hottest Bass Lakes
El Capitan is one of the biggest lakes in the county, formed by the damming of the San Diego River. El Capitan is a prolific local tournament lake, kicking out quality limits year-round.
Lower Otay is a long tule lined lake with a lot of flippable shoreline cover. Bass over 10 pounds are common, especially around the trout plants.
Lake Hodges is one of the most famous local lakes, being the only "non-trout" lake to produce a bass over 20 pounds.
Diamond Valley Lake
There may be no hotter lake in the country in the last few years than Diamond Valley. This new reservoir is as healthy as can be, with clear water, deep structure, and tons of solid bass.
Lake Murray is known for its trophy bass, kicking out numerous teen-sized fish each year. The spring is the best time to target the double-digit Murray bass.
Miramar is a small, deep, clear-water reservoir that has produced 5 of the top 25 largest bass ever caught. Tules line the majority of the lake and provide year-round cover for bass.